Many Honor Academy Interns are no longer eligible to stay on their parent’s health plans.Insurance Consultants International (the same insurance agency that provides coverage for Global Expeditions Mission trips and Extreme Camps for Teen Mania) has compiled a list of short and long term insurance plans that will protect you during the time you commit to being at the Honor Academy.
The following two options are available for the Honor Academy Interns:
HCC Short Term Medical Plan and HHI Med Plus STM
*The cheapest way to purchase short-term insurance is 6 months at a time.
Major Medical Health Plans
Insurance Consultants International is a licensed insurance agent in the State of Texas. In the event that you would like to speak to us regarding upgraded coverage to a major medical health plan, please call us at 1-800-576-2674.
If you are applying for the Honor Academy Insurance you MUST use this zip code 75771
Option 1: HCC Life Short-Term Medical
- Lifetime benefit: $1 or $2 million (your choice)
- Physician / Hospital Network: Use any doctor or hospital you want
- Individual out-of-pocket expense limit: Deductible plus 20% of next $5,000 of expenses
- Office visit co-pay: *$50 co-pay at Urgent Care Centers
- Non-renewable coverage
Option 2: Health Insurance Innovations Short-Term Medical Plan
- Up to $2,000,000 Lifetime Maximum per Covered Person
- Choice of Coverage Periods of up to 6 or 12 months (12 month option is not available in all states)
- Doctors Office and Urgent Care Center Visits - $50 Co-pay (Maximum of 3 per Covered Persons)
- Choice of deductibles - $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000, $7,500 or $10,000
- Coinsurance options of 80% or 50% up to either $5,000 or $10,000
- Freedom to choose any doctor or hospital
- Child Only Coverage available - minimum age two years old
- Foreign Travel (medical care while in a foreign country) covered up to $25,000 (After a $250 benefit deductible)
- Choose to pay premiums two convenient ways, in a single upfront payment for 30 to 180 days, or pay by convenient monthly installments